An in-depth look at the Kangertech SUBVOD Mega Kit. We look at the product specifications, the pros, and cons, as well as comparable products. ProVapor wishes to help the reader make the most informed decision possible on all things vaping.
What is the Kangertech SubVOD Mega Kit
The Kangertech SUBVOD MEGA Kit is one for the ages. The SUBVOD Mega Kit features a long-lasting battery and a higher capacity tank. So, the TOPTANK Mini is capable of holding 4ml of liquid while featuring an airflow control valve and is filled using the top-fill design. The Kangertech SUBVOD Mega TC battery is designed for ease of use, handling, and portability. Its features include an integrated 2300mAh rechargeable battery along with a single button operation and 35W-40W of output power giving you nice strong hits.
It even offers Support Ni200 Coil with minimum resistance 0.1ohm which allows for temperature control. It also now features the ability to fire Nickel Atomizer Heads in Temperature Control mode as well. The Kangertech SUBVOD MEGA Kit comes with a pre-installed SSOCC 0.15 Nickel Atomizer. Its an amazing kit for the price and a perfect starter kit or even a trustworthy kit for seasoned vapers.
The product will already come with two coils. The first being a pre-installed SSOCC 0.15ohm coil and the other being an SSOCC 0.5ohm coil replacement coil. With short circuit protection, overuse protection, and overcharge protection it makes for one of the safest mods to use. You don't need to worry about your device breaking as it will last you for years to come as long as you take care of it. Pair its simple design with simple and easy to use features and you have yourself a perfect vaping starter kit.
How to use the Kangertech SubVOD Mega Kit
The Kangertech SubVOD Mega is very easy to operate and clean thanks to its vape pen design. For the short version, you simply set up the product, fill it with some liquid and get to vaping. For the long version, we will be giving you the step by step on how to use it.
Steps to use the device
- Open the Box and Locate the User manual. If at any point you are confused, reference the manual and that will clear up all confusion.
- Use the Micro USB Port and connect it to an outlet. Allow your Pen to have a full charge before using it.
- Locate and prime the coil. In order to Prime, the coil locate the holes on the side of the coil and place a few drops of your favorite e-liquid on it. Once that is done let it sit for a few minutes.
- Take the now primed coil insert into the mod.
- Place the tank on the mod, around the coil.
- Now you can insert up to 2ml of your favorite e-liquid into your tank.
- We suggest letting the e-liquid sit for 5-10 minutes to ensure the coil is completely primed to avoid any burnt hits.
- Screw on the mouthpiece.
- Click the fire button 5 times to turn the mod on
- Will flash 3 times to signify it is on
- Use one-click to fire up the mod and vape
- When Finished click the button 5 times and the LED light will flash 3 times to signify it is off.
Notice how the majority of these steps just take a few seconds. This makes it perfect for people who don't have much time and people or people who are just getting into the vaping game and want to learn what all the parts do. This low cost, high-performance kit is perfect for those people as well.
Specifications of the Kangertech SubVOD Mega Kit
We have learned about a few of the Kangertech SubVOD Megas best features but now its time for a more in-depth look at the kit. The SubVOD mega is an improved version of the original SubVOD with a stronger battery, improved tank, and two vaping modes. With a 2300mah battery, you will be vaping for days before you need to worry about recharging it.
Included in the kit is the top tank mini with an improved 4ml e-liquid capacity and top fill system. The tank is made of stainless steel and pyrex glass resulting in high durability. The top cap is easy to remove so refilling the tank is simple and changing out coils is simple as unscrewing the base. The tanks adjustable airflow results in a very airy direct lung device. This results in a vapor that is cooler than on the original Subtank Mini.
The Kangertech SubVOD Mega features two different modes of vaping – regular and temperature control modes. Switching between the two modes is as simple as pressing the fire button three times in quick succession resulting in the LED changing colors between red (regular) and green ( temperature control). With the temperature mode, you get an enhancement to the consistency and taste of each puff. The only negative to the temperature control mode is that it uses pre-set values based on resistance and current battery voltage with no way of creating your own pre-sets.
While a lot of the specifications can be considered pros lets take a look at a list of the most impressive features of the Kangertech SubVOD mega Kit.
- Easy to Use
- 4ml tank capacity
- Easy to Carry
- Can Use your favorite e-liquid
- Short circuit, overuse and overcharge protection
- Only One button so you don't have to worry about learning a complex vaping system
- Nice sleek design
- 2300mah battery
- Detachable Structure making it easy to clean
- adjustable Airflow System
- Features two different vaping modes – regular and temperature control.
- Great for beginners
- Can be used with or without nicotine
Now a review wouldn't be right if we didn't include all of the cons we could dig up on the Kangertech SubVOD mega Kit. Now there aren't many but here is what we came up with.
- Only has one button so not a lot of options
- Not extremely modifiable
- Not the most powerful device
- Not too many color options with only four available.
- Can't be upgraded
- Large for a vape pen
All in all the Kangertech SubVOD mega Kit is extremely reliable and easy to use the device. It has some of the best features found in the top vaping mods. While the device might not provide the biggest punch, for a starter kit it includes everything you need. Some comparable Kits include the ZBGO and the Aspire Nautilus. Both of these kits are also refillable and have many of the same features found in this product. The ZBGO is smaller and more concealable than the Kangertech SubVOD mega and the Aspire Nautilus but all in all, they are relatively similar. If you're looking for a more traditional looking vaping pen we suggest the Kangertech SubVOD mega Kit and if you're looking for a refillable pen that is small and easier to carry we recommend the ZBGO.
ProVapor gives this device an 8.5/10 rating for its reliability and well-built design. It lacks some of the features found in the newer versions but makes up for that with its impressive cloud production and flavor for its size. This is a must-have for anyone who is getting into vaping.